My long-time-used-to-take-baths-together-best-friend, Melissa, called me last night to ask if I knew the number to DalWorth Carpet Cleaning, off the top of my head....and I do b/c of the song:
"Call 267-8433 because the next best thing to do is DalWorth Clean!"
(they were having their carpets clean, DalWorth called to confirm the appt., her husband, didn't get it from the answering machine, then was astonished that she knew it without looking it up...and I did...and my brother did too! )
Other times a song has served me well:
"Pico De Gallo" by Trout Fishing in America
T.F. in A. was one of our favorite bands growing up...they had alot of fun and funny songs ("I've got a friend named Nobody" & "I think I need a band-aid" & "18 wheels on a big rig")....anyways, I was in Target and craving Pico de Gallo - so I called Mom for the ingredients, but she didn’t answer...luckily, TFinA wrote a song to help me out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kL5f0np7EU
"Parts of the Cell" by Blalack Middle School 8th grade science class
In 8th grade we wrote a song to the tune of the "ABC's" regarding the parts of the cell...recently, the secretary at my office came back to my room and said, amy i just got a call on a kid with a mitochondrial disease...do you know what that is? and i was like ...
"Nucleus is the brain of the cell,
Cytoplasm fills it well,
Vacuole: storage sack,
Cell Membrane: covers like a rap,
Mitochondria is the power source,
E.R. moves through a course.
Now I know the parts of the cell: won't my teacher think I'm swell!"
The secretary thought I was a genius!!
Blalack school song:
Right now, when I was typing Blalack, I sang the song/cheer:
“B-L…B-L-A…B-L-A-L-A-C-K…Blalack Bears!”
What songs have you memorize and have used since then!?!
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
1 week ago
2 comments:
I didn't comment on this earlier because I didn't want you to see what a BIG dork I really am...
I am a sucker for songs. I know most all jingles and theme songs, but more importantly I learn best with songs. Most of the things I remember from school are in song-form.
This is cool...in 7th grade I was in advnaced English and this particular year they chose one class to be part of a study to see how intigrating music into curriculum helped students retain knowledge.
It worked great for me!
I can tell you all parts of speech and what they do...I just have to sing it to you :)
I liked this post!
I can sing all fifty states in alphabetical order. Since 5th grade. Were you not there the night we did this???
Post a Comment