Saturday, May 2, 2009

Best Birthday Ever! Part 2

my birthday continues...
This is a plant dish my parents sent...there is a philodendron, prayer plant, ivy, meradikum and two other types of plants (I made up all of these spellings!)

Have you heard of a "plant dish?" I think its pretty ingenious! There are 6 different types of plants in the same pot...The flower company said that this plant is perfect for an office with no windows!

Last year, I killed the plant they sent me in about 3 weeks. But, I have kept a really pretty Ivy alive (and growing!) since the Hurricane (September). **Wish me luck!**


Here is my Birthday Motto, which just happened to come on a card from my grandfather:


Here is another card it got:
$10,000 - yahoo!!!

"I'm Rich!"
Each year, my Aunt Margaret sends us a birthday card with $1 for each year of age...its actually a pretty perfect plan because...
when you are 3 and get $3, you are totally pumped!
when you are 12 and get $12, you are totally pumped!
and when you are 26 and get $26, you are totally pumped!!!
*Thanks Marg and Andrea!*

Here is my office birthday party:


oh, and remember this cake?

This is what it looked like on the inside: (mmm!)
It's called a Symphony Cake and it's from a great place called "Elite Treat's" in Kingwood. YUMMY!!

It was so good, Amber even ate some...and Amber generally doesn't like cake!

Can you believe I didn't take any pictures at dinner? Trust me...I had a Great margarita to celebrate!! See you next year!

Other things that I do not have pictures of, but that I LOVE!!
- phone calls
- text messages
- emails
- facebook messages
- and OF COURSE: S-I-N-G-I-N-G!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Meg said...

That cake looks AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!! YUM YUM YUM!!
Glad you had a great birthday!

Amber said...

I just got a Phi Lamb e-mail that had your picture on it! Board of Directors....cool cool!

The Metz's said...

Thanks for the prayers...I posted a blog with an update, but the suregery went well!