I didn't take many pictures :( unfortunately...but here is what I do have:
These were my helpers - 2 parents, 2 aunts, 1 uncle, 2 cousins and me:
...in order of cell phones...
Steve - the muscles/co-packer/co-mastermind
Mom - the one who was everywhere/the kitchen organizer/the cleaner
Dad - the muscles/co-packer/co-mastermind/man with a level and stud finder
Amy - the one who packed all the boxes and decided to move downtown
James - the tall one who could reach everything/helped everywhere
Lisa - closet/clothing/shoe/jewelry organizer
Allison - the bedroom organizer/chef
(Cell Phone not pictured: Margaret - the final opinion maker "Margaret, do I really need this shirt/bowl/curling iron/etc?"/the bathroom organizer)
This was the U-Haul...No one thought it would all fit...but it did (Thanks to the engineering minds of my Dad and Uncle Steve).
It might have been a record...we started around 7:30 and were loaded and on the highway by 9:30!! At the new apartment by 10:30, and unloaded (with an elevator) by 11:30...All the boxes were unpacked and out of my apartment by dinner! Impressed?! I am not sure my family will hire-out, but I could try to get you adopted-in! hahaLunch time fun with my cousins Lisa and James!
This is my new roommate Julie and I. We met through the Phi Lamb Alumni Association.
Want to come visit us?!
We have a cute 2 bedroom/2 bath. We're right off of the highway. I guess I should take some pictures of the apartment, but I haven't done that yet...maybe in the next post...
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
3 days ago
5 comments:
:) I could use some of those muscles for our big move on Saturday :)
Wait, if you're at the apt complex on Oxford, you're in The Heights ... not Midtown :) Or is that not where you ended up? We should get together soon!
ah, good call Stephanie...we are in the hieghts...yes, we should be friends...maybe this saturday?!
I do want to come visit you! I'm thinking of coming next year when it is so cold here I can't stand it, like February or March. I need to hire your family next time we move, do they do stairs :)?
How exciting!!! I'll have to call you when I come in town to Houston!!!
Post a Comment