On Thursday morning (8am), I went to a birthday party for an 87 year old guy at the gym!
Every morning at 7:00, Bob walks in with his little cane and his wife. He climbs up on the treadmill and sets it for like .14 MPH (approximately) and grips the handles real tight and puts one foot in front of another...when he is done exercising, he visits, with EVERYONE and ANYONE!
Evidently, they have been having birthday parties for 11 years for him at the gym. It was hilarious... cake, muffins, singing, dancing, many toasts (with our OJ) and lots of quotes.
Bob had some advice:
-- "Be nice to old guys" :)
-- "Always greet others with their name" -- Which I loved! My dad always says that "Your favorite word is your own name!" Who doesn't like it when you remember their name? You know?!
Finally, this other women proposed a few quotes for Bob, I am not sure how this one fits with the 87 year old birthday party theme, but I was slightly offended...
"Men seldom make passes at girls who wear glasses." - Dorothy Parker
I took off my glasses and winked in Bob's direction......and then put them right back on because I couldn't see worth a darn without them!
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
3 days ago
3 comments:
Well, Dorothy Parker sounds like a tramp.
This sounds hilarious!
Post a Comment