Sunday, December 18, 2011

Door Decorating Contest at Work

For the past two years, we have done door decorating contest for the kids at work! The kids vote for a week and the winner gets BRAGGING RIGHTS and a small home decoration at the staff Christmas party.

Here is my door from this year:

It's a snow globe!! The globe was made out of the top of a vegetable tray -- My genius aunt's idea!! I hung snow flakes from fishing wire on the inside so that they wiggled every time you opened or shut the door.  I cut the nativity out of a book at home, and pulled Mary and Joseph forward for a 3-D effect.  And I used Popsicle sticks for the fence and tree sticks for the barn!  I think it came out super cute!! 

The kids LOVED cutting snowflakes!


Here are some of the other doors this year --


 Ms. Beth won first place -- this gingerbread house was awesome!! Except we caught multiple kids licking it!!
 Ms. Nancy just had eye surgery, so this door was a little bit of a joke too!
 Can you figure out this song??
and Rudolph being sneaky!!

Here is Last Year's doors!!

My door is Hand Wreath (all my kids traced their hands) and Ms. Beth -- who also won first place last year! -- made the chimney mantel with working lights in the fire and in the candles!! She is really hard to complete with!!!




Merry Christmas!!

No comments: