5 year old; target /f/
"Mish Amy, I wike dolpins..."
"Make a good /f/ sound...dolFins"
"Mish Amy, I wike dolFins and I gonna see dem on my happy moon"
"On your what?"
"On my happy moon."
"You want a dolphin in your happy meal?"
"No, my happy moon"
"Your happy moon?"
"Yesh, you know afer you get mawwied, I wanna see dolFins on my uh happy moon."
"Oh, I see...Do you mean Honeymoon?"
"Oh yeah, I porgot dat word."
(My aunt really took that dolphin picture when we were on Balboa Island, not on a "happy moon" though)
target: /sh/ sound
We were doing lots of different types of fish...gold fish, rainbow fish, blow fish, etc...one of them was a crawfish...I am trying to get him to say crayfish...
"I know dat one, it a scorpion."
"Oh well, it looks like a scorpion but it's a crayfish...let's use that word since we are practicing our /sh/ sound."
"Well, I sawd a scorpion once...it wuh in uh toiwet, but it nah duh kin wi waduh in it buh de kin dat boys use (not the kind with water in it, but the kind that boys use)....yeah, my dadi sayz not tuh put my penis near it cuz it could huwt me."
"Good advice buddy."
True story. I don't know how I kept a straight face.

3 comments:
I had a nightmare about scorpions because of you!
Even though it's my second time to hear that one... I'm still rolling...
that's stinkin' hilarious.
Post a Comment