Friday, May 2, 2008

Thursday Night

I have two scenes I need to describe to you both are true events and both happened on Thursday Night



6:45 - left for 705: Beltway (my Bible study)

7:00 - arrived at Dave and Ally's and munched on spinach and artichoke dip (my favorite!)

7:15 - realized Bible study was not going to be a Bible study but a Birthday Party!

7:16 - recieved a personal-sized-homemade-chocolate-chip-cookie cake! (with ice cream -it was like a "Cookie Monster" thing but even BETTER!)

7:30 - played "the greatest group game ever" - CATCH PHRASE...this scene occured:



Speaker: "okay, i dont know this guy...his last name is like "bang bang"

Team 2: "Gun!"

Speaker: "okay, and his first name is two intitials...like the second letter of the alphabet..."

Team 2: "B!...BJ...BR....BM....BS....BC.....B...."

Speaker: "no, same letter"

Team 2: BB GUN?

Speaker: "Yes! BB Gun...........oh my gosh..............

Everyone else: hahhaha (crying) hahahha
**i purposely left the "speaker" annoymous, as she might be slightly embarrassed since she too is a blog reader/stalker** :)

Also, Dave yelled the "common" phrase of: WANNA PLAY SQUASH?!

so...after laughing, crying and at least one spewed drink....I head home...



10:45: "beep" "beep" - i go check me alarm clock thinking that is weird...
10:48: (louder) "beep!" "beep!"
10:50: BEEEEEEEEEP!!!!!!!!!!! BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPP! BBBBBBEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPP!!!...and thats when i figure out my smoke alarm is freaking out...

so between 10:45 and 11:30 I try to fix it...first i try circulating cooler air "BEEEEEEP BEEEEEEP!" then I try removing the battery (*note: i cannot really reach my smoke detector...i was on a chair, on 2 phone books and on my tippy toes stretching to reach it!) it takes me a while all the while, it keeps BEEEEEPing!

BEEEEP!!! so, I try to put a new battery in, after about 15 minutes i am sweating and it finally goes in...so i sit down on the couch...

BEEEEP! BEEEEEEEEEP! BEEEEEEP!....What the?! I just changed you!...BEEEEEP! BEEEEEP! BEEEEP! BEEEP! echoing across my apartment (its now like 11:20 at night)

I call down to the office..."My smoke alarms are freaking out...there is no smoke in here, and I already changed the battery...and it keeps going off!" office lady: "I am having trouble hearing you." me: "I KNOW MY FREAKING SMOKE DECTECTOR IS GOING OFF"

finally, some butch lady comes (very grump-ally) to my apartment with a ladder, and fixes it!

i am sure my neighbors love me!
i am sure i love 705!

2 comments:

Sam and Mandy said...

hahahaha!!! We had a beeping just like this in our apartment!

Brian & Erin said...

Wish we could have been there! Not for the BEEEEPING, for the celebration! Happy belated birthday! :)

-E