Tuesday, April 29, 2008

BIRTHDAY!

I really had a great birthday, especially b/c i wasn't really expecting it since its my first birthday in the "Real World" you know?!

25 reasons to be thankful:
1. Mimi and Papa got me a Fresh Apple cake in Lubbock this weekend!
2. We had "R" weekend which happened to fall on my birthday!
3. Stoof got me a High School Musical Card that sings "we're breaking free..."
4. Jones Soda + Cake party at Alicia's on Sunday!
5. I beat Bubba this morning - we have the same birthday and he usually says "HB" first, but I beat him this year (7:45 am! wow!)
6. Recieved three texts while in the shower - that is a record!
7. Sweet thoughts from my Lord throughout the day!
8. Birthday week - sunday to ??? - reminds me of Marissa!
9. Heard the phone vibrate several times throughout the day - which is always nice b/c you get to anticipate who called and what they're message said
10. Garrett (brother) called and told me a great zit story! and he sent me 25 messages on facebook/email - at least it wasnt 25 voice mails like he threatened!
11. SNAIL MAIL!! I saved all of them and opened it this morning during my breakfast - (Thanks Mel!!)
12. 25 Crisp one dollar bills from my Aunt Margaret - She gives you one dollar for each year of life -- poor Lindsey she only got $3 this year -- one day she will BANK like me! :) its a really fun tradition and makes her my favorite aunt! (dont tell the others)
13. Berryhills for lunch! mmm! and we sat outside :)
14. Two clients found out it was my birthday and wished me a HB - very nice b/c they were not obligated to at all but they did anyways!
15. MegPed = movie star
16. Delivery from the florist - mom and dad sent a pretty ivy for my office
17. BEE-YOU-TI-FULL day! it really was goregous outside - sunny with a breeze (thanks God!)
18. Cupcakes and ice cream during our staff meeting!
19. Eyes cleared up and I didnt have to wear glasses again today (how about you mandy?!)
20. Dinner with FRIENDS!! Really Really wonderful! lots of laughing - my favorite!
21. Vicki and Vanessa trying multiple times to get the waiters to sing to me -- i escaped without one song! :)
22. Sammie with a mexican accent and workout advice!
23. Tricia with Mitch Hedberg! hahaha! i love it and was soo happy she came!
24. 99 cent margaritas!!
25. Facebook Birthday - always makes you feel loved!

Wow, its fun to list things you are greatful for -- i could keep going... I hope everyone gets to experience a day as fun as I did!

two negatives: No Ally :( and no pictures to make the post cooler

Also: my Uncle Steve sent me my birthday verse:
Deuteronomy 4:29 - But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul.

pretty cool - www.mybirthverse.com - they found a verse that corresponds to the your day/month! check it out!

2 comments:

Sam and Mandy said...

OK, so I am a bad friend. I thought about your birthday all weekend when we were together and on monday and now today...but not yesterday. So here is happy late birthday to you!!! (I just like it to last longer) It sounds like you had a great day without me anyways!
EYES - I am so glad that yours have cleared up, but mine have not. I went to the doctor yesterday and got all this stuff that I have to do. No contacts and I have to go back on Monday. You got the better end of that deal...lucky you!!!

Ingram Gang said...

Happy VERY late birthday from me.
Have you ever had this happen:
You accidentally forget your friends birthday on the actual day.
The entire next day you mean to send a belated wish,but your internet connection doesn't work.
By the time the 3rd day rolls around, you feel so terrible about being extreemly late that you are too embarrassed to say anything at all.
Now, several days later, I realized that late, even really late, is better than nothing at all.

Sorry Amy!
Happy 25! You're a baby!