Okay, well my friend Ally is hooked on blogging/blog stalking now b/c of me b/c of the Quads b/c of Megan b/c of ??? I love it!
EIGHTEEN! days until the Lubbock Bachelorette Crew re-unites! (LBC anyone? - you know i love acronyms!)
So, that being said - I have not picked/bit at my nails since Shannon's wedding - March 16 - so my goal is to keep my nails "long" (relatively) until LBC - 22 days down, 18 more to go...doesn't 30 days of doing something make a habit?
Mom used to say that if I could grow my nails out so that I could see the tips from the other side, she would pay for me to get a manicure, so...I say, if I can grow my nails out so that I can see the tips from the other side...YOU should buy me a manicure(Don't worry you have a while to save up some money)
p.s. it is really hard to take a picture of your hand with only one hand left to operate the camera!
Good things about having long-ish nails:
- feels good when you wash your hair
- good for scratching/itching
- makes a fun clicking noise when you type
- you can get the crap out of little crevices in your car
- they are more fun to paint
- you can indicate how irritated you are with a kid by tapping your fingers loudly
- your hand isn't mistaken for a man's hand
- they look cool on overhead projectors
- the maincurist has something to work with when YOU buy me a manicure
Bad things about having long-ish nails:
- peeling oranges
- opening coke cans
Our All-Time Favorite Podcasts
3 days ago
4 comments:
Oh Amy King!
I have landed on your blog somehow and am pumped we can stalk, er, keep in touch with each other a bit better!
I don't think I'll ever grow my nails out because I type on keyboards and play guitar and piano. The clicking noise drives me crazy go bonkers, but I think it's how the clicking feels on my fingers that is equivalent to chalkboard scratching!
But you should definitely keep growing them out so you can tell me how great a manicure feels someday!
YOU CRACK ME UP!!! Good job though on the nails! They look good! Try keeping them nice until girls weekend!
Oh my gosh I've been growing out my nails too! I keep thinking should I cut them or wait until the girls weekend. Like anyone will even notice! But they might and Ashley always wants me to tickle her arm so then I thought about cutting them. :)
You grow your nails out and I will totally go with you to get a manicure next time you are in town. I made the switch in habit back in high school - and I got to tell you - now I think biters & pickers are gross, and never get the urge. YOU CAN DO IT!
You can also take up smoking to ease the urges! =) J/K
- mel
Post a Comment