Sometimes, My Job is funny, like when a kid (accidentally) misarticulates "shit" for "sit"...or when I go to a conference and the speaker is from Israel and he say "fuckus" for "focus".
Sometimes, My Job is fun, like when I get to play with kids and with play-doh...or when I challenge my co-workers to "Scramble" tournament.
Sometimes, My Job is rewarding, like when the mom (and I) start crying b/c the kid can finally say the "k" sound after months of trying...or when a pragmatic kid appropriately gives me or another kid in the group a hug goodbye.
Sometimes, My Job is totally interesting, like when I get a new client with a syndrome I am not yet familiar with...or when I dissect a word and figure out what processes he used to make that attempt at a given word.
Sometimes, My Job is embarrassing, like when I stutter during an evaluation review...or when I forget to write down his homework from the previous session, and I give the same homework assignment, and his Mom calls me out on it.
Sometimes, My Job is annoying, like when a kid starts screaming and I cannot figure out why...or when the Mom calls to reschedule an appointment, and then calls back and cancels, only to reschedule it again.
Sometimes, My Job is yummy, like when its Christmas time and the kids bring us treats...or when my co-workers spontaneously have a pot-luck lunch.
Sometimes, My Job is stressful, like when I am transcribing an speech sample and its takes me HOURS to type out a 3 minute a conversation...or when my evaluation takes too long and I am late for my next client, and I am booked back-to-back for the rest of the day.
Sometimes, My Job is dangerous, like when a kid nearly drops a purple marker on my white skirt, or when a kid sucker-punches me in face for putting his toy outside of the room because he was not doing his work (that one really hurt).
But mostly, My Job is the BEST!!
How We’re Organizing Our Digitized Photos
1 week ago
4 comments:
A kid hit you in the face???
Oh Amy King. I love you. :)
i lve your job too! that is a sweet post.
city sightings pt 1 is in the month of may archive.
peace yo.
random - but i reminisced about that one ultimate game when we traded socks and shoes every time we subbed for each other because i forgot mine... wht a good friend you are.
I love speech pathologists! They are AWESOME!
Post a Comment