Monday, January 25, 2010

Time for some Work Stories

On Friday, I was wearing a shirt that was a *little* old...like early college; maybe late high school... the styles back then were a little shorter or maybe my jeans were a little lower or maybe the shirt has shrunk after alot of washes...I don’t know what the cause was, but the problem was: when I sat on the floor about 3486 inches of my back was showing (For the record: no underwear or crack was showing).

On Friday mornings I have a group of 3&4 y.o. language boys who work on using their words in sentences, social skills, answer questions, etc. Remember, they are LANGUAGE disordered!

Anyways, one little boy said out of the blue: "oh no miss mmammy!!" (that's me) "oh no! no shirt!" and proceeded to put his cold little hand on the small of my back. I guess he thought I was naked until I pulled my shirt down; which I proceeded to do.

I think it's time to get rid of that shirt. When a 3 y.o. language kid-o tells you he thinks you're naked = time. Also, for the record it's a black 3/4 length shirt, with a pink "A" on the shoulder; not THAT out of style. Well, I guess the initial shirts are little out of style, but I don’t care, I like that shirt. Maybe I could layer it with a tank??

---

This morning I was working with one of my favorite little artic/language boys. He did really well with "F" last time, so today we moved onto "V" (which is made in the exact same spot; just with your voice or "turn your motor ON"...try it!) Anyways, he was doing pretty well until we got to "volcano"...

me: Volcano
A: Volkawon

me: Try again, Volcano
A: Volkawon

me: Vol-kay-no
A: vol-kawon

me: vol
A: vol
me: kay
A: kay
me: no
A: (puzzled look)

(tried a few more times, same results, then up-ed the enthusiasm)

me: Vol! (point to my lip)
A: vol
me: Kay! (point to my neck)
A: kay
me: No! (made the sign for "no)
A: Tears; lots of tears...Cute little hands covering his face and big crocodile tears coming down his cheeks
me: ??? huh ??? wha??? *realization* Oh Buddy!! I am not sad at you...

Of course I had to pull my favorite little boy into my lap and cuddle with him for a minute...

me: Volcano has the word "no" in it. I am not sad at you at all. I was trying to practice the word. Just like "nose" has the word "no" in it... ... ... Pretty sure the session was over by then; he thought I was screaming "No!" at every attempt he made...poor baby!! :(

2 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

I love your work stories!

Mel said...

LOL! Those are great stories!