At the beginning, Ron said "I don't see Denver, but don't worry, he'll show up, he always does." About 20 minutes into Ron's part of the presentation, Denver came in and Ron said "Oh, look, theres my co-author!" Denver had come in a side door and as soon as Ron called him out, Denver ducked down and sat somewhere. At the time, it seemed really staged to me, however, I really don't think it was b/c when Denver got onto the stage he was VERY uncomfortable. I think he was uncomfortable with 500 white people staring at him; I think that because he said so. He also said that he knew where every exit in that place was and that he was going to end in a song that way no one can ask him questions at the end and he can get off the stage quickly.
Denver was so focused. He was all about knowing more about the Lord and sharing his word. It was sooo interesting. He was on the stage for about 15 minutes (5 minutes was closing in song). He spoke about how he enjoyed hearing the pastor speak at Second Baptist and what he had learned from him. Then he spoke about Miss Debbie and how everyone needs to read the Bible and live by it like she did.
(BTW: Denver learned to read and write in the last 2 years. He is also living on the Ranch with Ron - they built two houses out there.) It was a little bit hard to understand him because of a combination of mumbling and poor grammar, but it was so interesting and I am so glad I got to hear him speak!!
At the book signing part, Denver was not interested in being there. He signed each book without making eye contact. I dont think he was trying to be rude. It was just not his scene, and it was not what he wanted to spend his time doing! He was definetly a wise and focused man and it showed through his get-to-the-point-attitude!
YOU SHOULD READ THIS BOOK!!!! Here is a quote to get you hooked:

4 comments:
I've been wanting to try this book. I definitely will now!
I have this book sitting on my kitchen table. I will read it next!
Can't believe I never comment! Great post...sorry I missed out.
oh my gosh!! i love this book! i can't believe you went and saw them!
Post a Comment