Saturday, October 4, 2008

One Month Later...

I don't know where time has gone...actually I do... Mr. Ike....YIKES!

I left for Dallas on Thursday Sept 11 - my afternoon clients all cancelled, so I left after my 11:30 client...I thought I would be in Dallas for a few days and then come back...actually, I was supposed to go to a wedding on Saturday, so I brought a dress and shoes etc so I could leave Dallas dressed and go straight to the wedding...NEEDLESS TO SAY...the wedding was cancelled...

I was going to post a bunch of pictures, but they would be the exact as the ones on facebook...since I am friends with most of yall on facebook, i will tell you: Just go look at them there! :)

Hurricane Ike came right up I-59 -- straight through Kingwood. :( There was quite a bit of damage in Kingwood...but not my apartment (Thank you Lord) or our office (Thank You Lord!)...

Electricity came back on 11 days later, and I came back to Kingwood on Monday, September 22. I left Dallas at Noon and there was no power at my apartment, but by the time I got to Kingwood, It had be turned on! :) yeah!

Work started noon on Tuesday. Clients came Wednesday. I had clients on Monday Sept 27 without electricity still :( I think everyone I know has electricity now...execpt one block of 5 ppl in Kingwood whose transformer was shot and is on back order -- that sucks!

That is basically where September went. Oh and to cleaning out my stinky fridge ( i wish there was sometype of way to share the smell of it over the internet...)

No comments: