Thursday, October 30, 2008

You will never believe it...

Yesterday, I helped a dog.

I know. Can you believe it?!

I was getting out of my car and this little white yappy dog was at my heels...I said something like "Get a life." but it didn’t go away. I started walking away and it followed me, then I said something like "Go find your family, freak."

That dumb dog started running towards the highway, so, being the kind person that I am, I said "Get over here." And it did. So, I hollered down the both of the apartment stairwells but no one responded. Then I realized this dog was a run-a-way.

If I was a dog person, I would take it up to my apartment. But I'm not.
If I was a dog person, I would have a leash to keep it from running away. But I'm not.
If I was a dog person, I would have bent down to pick it up and pet it. But I'm not.

So, I just looked at it for a few minutes, trying to make a plan, probably saying things like "Why didn't you just stay inside" "I don't think anyone really likes you" and "You are such a freak." But because I am a KIND, CARING person, I didn't want this dog to run onto the highway and die...

When it started running back to towards the highway, I followed...hollering.

Then that dumb dog ran into someone’s first floor patio. I followed....hollering..."Get out of there freak." "What in the world are you doing?" "Are you kidding me!?!"

Then it disappeared out of my sight, so I started to lean over the rail to talk it out of that patio, and the door opened...more...and a teenager/young guy walked out...

I was like: "Is that your dog?"

He nodded.

"I didn't know whose it was. Sorry I if you heard me call it a freak...uh...I am not really a dog person...uh...i...uh...just didn't really want it to die."

But, what I was really thinking was:
This is why I don't really like dogs.
Keep a-hold of your dog.
If you are too lazy to take it on a walk, don't live in an apartment...live in a place where you have a fence.
You're a freak.

So...do you believe it?!

It's true! No one was around to see it, but you could ask that teenage-acne-faced-freak downstairs.

3 comments:

Ingram Gang said...

funny stuff!

Unknown said...

I am very proud of you. Coming from one of those "freaks" who is a dog person, thank you for being kind to that puppy!

Anonymous said...

Amy this is Stoof and I just about wet my pants when I read this story. I cannot believe you actually helped a dog. I think you're on your way to being an animal lover. :)