Thursday, February 26, 2009

Mardi Gras & Galveston

***Update: Mardi Gras is spelled with a "D," not a "T" who knew!?! obviously not me, it was my first time to go!***

Last saturday, My friend Amber called and asked did I want to go to Galveston to celebrate Mardi Gras?...YES!!...it was my first Mardi Gras and it was a BLAST!!

First, some pictures of Galveston...I am no grand photographer, and these were out of a moving car's window...but the place is still a mess from IKE, see here:







okay enough sad stuff...here's Mardi Gras!!! I realized that its hard to take photos at night and that I would rather catch beads, so there's not very many pictures...

My cousin Lisa went to Mardi Gras in NEW ORLEANS and has a picture of Kid Rock on a float...it was pretty awesome! I am sure the floats in New Orleans were much more elaborate and fancy, but Galveston was a pretty neat parade...of course the High School MARCHING BANDS were my favorite part!




The picture stinks, but it was a REALLY cool peacock float!

Before the parade started, I made friends with one of the security guards and told him to feel free to give me any of the beads that did not make it all of the way to the barrier...and he did!! (He choose me over the kids...it was pretty awesome!!) This was at the begining of the parade, don't worry, I got TONS more beads then that!


These were my first 5 beads...I was way too excited (sorry)!

I can't believe I didn't get a picture of me with all my beads!! After a few hours I started to get annoyed with them around my neck, so gave most of them to some kid...I kept like 5 or 6 that I thought were pretty (the ones with pretty shapes, not just regular balls)...but by the end of the night I gave those away too! It was fun to collect them, thats for sure!! Can't wait till next year... Good Idea Amber!!

4 comments:

Missy said...

Did you show your boobs to get all those beads? From my understanding...that is what you have to do to get them...

Mel said...

Way fun! Looks like a great time! Be sure to check out my blog today...

Sugar Britches said...

Look at you with all those beads! You go girl!!!

Laura Kay said...

King Amy!

I am enjoying reading your blog and learning what you have been up to over the last few years.